Throughout the week and throughout the community we have small groups who meet regularly to discuss the word, the Service and life. Here you will find weekely discussion questions pertaining to Pastor's weekly sermons.
Pursuit of Personal Holiness
LifeGroup Q’s Week of 2/28/21
Hebrews 12:14 (NKJV) – Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:
Romans 12:1-2 – Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Colossians 1:21-23 – Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of your evil behavior. But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation— if you continue in your faith, established and firm, not moved from the hope held out in the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have become a servant.
1 Peter 1:13-16 – Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: “Be holy, because I am holy.” Since you call on a Father who judges each man’s work impartially, live your lives as strangers here in reverent fear.
REFLECT & APPLY
1. What is personal holiness?
2. Why do we need to be holy?
3. How does one become holy?
4. Can a person claim to belong to Christ and never pursue holiness?
5. Hebrews 12:14 states that without holiness no one will see the Lord. What is meant by that statement?
6. What makes the holiness of God the highest honor expressed in the scripture?
7. How is God’s discipline a way to share in His holiness?
8. In what ways is our sinful nature in competition with holiness?
9. Why is holiness infrequently taught in today’s churches?
10. How would you explain holiness to someone who has never heard about it?